- The average managed let will last for 18 months, compared with 10 months of non managed properties.
- 5% more managed properties are renewed after the first year than non-managed properties.
- Corporate companies and relocation agents will search in preference of managed properties for their employees.
- These days more and more tenants request managed properties as it allows a more professional service, removing the emotion from both sides.
- We continually assess our local trades people, services and supplies to ensure we only use companies providing the very best quality of workmanship, at a competitive price, on behalf of our clients.
If you currently own or intend to purchase residential property for rental, you should consider engaging our property management service. You’ll find it both professional and cost-effective. As we are specialists, we know how to manage property for optimum performance, whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies, and compliance with the various landlord/tenant laws.
- Professional and extensive marketing of your property
- Professional cleaning and preparation
- Accompanied viewings
- Reliable tenant referencing
- Concise inventory procedure with photographic record
- Quarterly inspections
- Ongoing maintenance and insurance claims
- Renewals and reminders
- Tenancy agreements
- Thorough final inspections
- Prompt and reliable transfer of rent
- Separately available taxation advice
- Dealing with tenant queries on your behalf
- 24 hour emergency support
- Gas and electricity safety procedures
- Property portfolio advice
- Property listed on to Social Media (Facebook & Twitter)
- Property listed on popular property portals including:
We are open and honest about the fees we charge and we believe in fair fees for all. Please find below a list of non-optional fees (fees are quoted inclusive of VAT).
LET Only Service
Designed for the self-managing landlord (the fee applicable is deducted from the first month’s rent collected. No up-front payment required.) = 60% of first month’s rent or £350 (whichever is the highest).
Full Managment Service
- No obligation pre-rental visit
- Advice and co-ordination of advertising strategies
- Deposit Registration
- Tenancy agreement
- Collect and remit monthly rent received
- Deduct commission and other works
- Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
- Undertake a maximum of 3 visits per annum and notify landlord of the outcome
- Arrange routine maintenance and instruct approved contractors
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
- Final inspection
Set-up fee (first tenancy): £90.00
Produce initial marketing materials: £130.00
Refresh existing marketing materials: £65.00
Management fee (% of rent): Up to 14.4%
Rent review fee: NO CHARGE
Tenancy renewal: NO CHARGE
Tenancy renewal for Finders Only (not managed): £60.00
Re-let set-up fee (new tenant): £90.00
Deposit registration fee: £17.50 per annum
Deposit registration fee Finders Only (not managed): £21.60 per annum
Final inspection fee: NO CHARGE
Obtaining more than two contractors quotes: £35.00
Additional property visits during working hours: £50.00 per visit
Landlords Gas Safety compliance: £24.00
Landlords Gas Safety Certificate 1 appliance: £49.50
2 appliances: £77.45
3 appliances: £105.40
4 appliances: £133.35
Energy Performance Certificate: £84.00
Supply and fit wireless connected battery powered smoke alarm: £60.00
Supply and fit battery powered audible carbon monoxide alarm: £40.00
To escort 3rd party contractors to the property (works not arranged through Homequest): £50.00
Vacant property supervision visits to check condition, post etc. during working hours: £50.00 per visit
Provide copies of instructions and manuals to tenants (where provided by landlord): £35.00
Source missing instructions and manuals to provide to tenants (where possible): £20.00 per manual
Duplicate statements (per statement/for last tax year): £12.00/£60.00
Overseas landlords tax retention and details for Centre for Non Residents: £42.00 per quarter
Preparation of documentation for County Court Proceedings or TDS adjudication: £210.00
Amendment to our tenancy agreement or terms of engagement requested by your solicitor: £75.00 per hour
Attendance at court or any tribunal: £90.00 per hour + expenses
Service of notices to terminate a Tenancy: NO CHARGE
Termination of contract with Homequest when tenant in place 12 months fees
Key cutting plus cost of each key: £20.00
Homequest is licensed by NALS
NALS is a UK wide licensing scheme for lettings and management agents offering peace of mind to landlords and tenants in knowing that the firm meets defined standards of customer service as well as having in place insurance to protect clients’ money and offer independent redress.
Homequest is a SAFE AGENT
SAFE – Safe Agent Fully Endorsed – is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords’ and tenants’ money through client money protection schemes.
You Can Find Us On